Track-A-Tamarin Continues to Grow in 2017
Started in 2015, our Track-A-Tamarin (TAT) campaign is aimed at raising dedicated funds for the Brazilian scientists in the field tracking tamarins, studying their movements, social structure, and use of habitat. This data is invaluable and helps form the basis of other important projects, like projecting current population numbers and creating bridges across highways to connect habitat. Associação Mico-Leão-Dourado (AMLD) requires a steady source of funds to supply the radio telemetry equipment to track the tamarins, and the generosity of our amazing supporters continues to make this critical work possible!
In 2017, we raised $4,043.30 thanks to our donors, especially:
- The Greensboro AAZK Chapter, which hosted two events and raised $2,000!
- The Georgia AAZK Chapter hosted their annual Brazilian Bingo and raised $900!
- The Brandywine AAZK Chapter hosted another Tango for Tamarins and raised $500!
- Woodbury Heights Elementary School in New Jersey fundraised $270 for GLT conservation while learning about them during a school project.
- And thanks to Holohil, the company who supplies our telemetry equipment, who generously donates $1000 per year!
In total, Track-A-Tamarin has raised $17,442.34 as of January, 2018! We invite you to help fundraise for TAT; take a look at some of the events held around the US to raise money for GLTs. You can also make a donation online and specify that it goes to the TAT fund.